Tips Regarding Wooden Toys
If you have been unsure about whether you should buy wooden toys for your kids or forego them for more conventional plastic toys, we have a few pointers for you.
- You should always ask yourself if any toy you buy will be safe for your child, not only in terms of the materials used to make it but also concerning any paint used or small parts that may be a choking hazard if they come off the toy. Another aspect to consider is whether the toy in question is environmentally friendly, even more so in terms of sustainability and potential for recycling.
- Children have to move constantly. They learn through their movement and activity, which is why you need to buy wooden toys in Australia that encourage your kids to be active. Toys are a large part of developing your child’s balance and motor skills.
- Durability is also essential. Wooden toys generally last far longer than their plastic counterparts and can endure considerably more wear and tear.
Fast Facts about Wooden Toys Online
Wooden toys are the oldest known toys in existence. Archaeological research has found that Africa is home to the oldest toys ever found, dating back an impressive 2.9 million years. These simple objects resembled bows, clubs, and axes.
- In the late 17th century, John Lock suggested that children needed a good education and upbringing, and that play was an essential part of this. He specifically recommended that children should play with dice and alphabet blocks to improve their numeracy and literacy.
- Upon researching the discovery of the ancient wooden toys in Africa, archaeologists reasoned that these toys were used to teach children family and survival skills.
- There has been a marked increase in demand for wooden toys in the past few years, which indicates that more people are realising how beneficial they are. Don’t get left behind or miss out – invest in some lovely wooden toys for your children today. Won’t it be wonderful to be around to see your grandchildren playing with those very same toys?
The Importance of Wooden-Toys Aus
Your kids will benefit in so many ways when you buy wooden toys online for them. Besides, you’ll be spending money on eco-friendly products that are ethically and sustainably sourced. In addition to this, we like to reuse and recycle wherever possible, so you may find that your order is shipped in a box that we have reused. We hope that this inspires others to reduce their own waste and reuse or recycle as often as they can.
- Wooden toys give your kids opportunities to use their imagination and make choices. Plastic toys may provide much more stimulation, but that means that kids don’t use their imagination while playing. Pretend play is a way for children to learn how real life works.
- Children enjoy the problem-solving aspect that many wooden toys offer them. You may also notice that they become more confident and independent due to successfully solving any problems that they may come across.
- Our range of wooden toys is bound to include something to please even the fussiest child. You can choose from train sets to cars and airplanes. We even have wooden tea sets and doctor kits – your child’s imagination will flourish.
Why You Should Use Dimple and Dot
Dimple and Dot was born from a passion for premium-quality educational toys for children that encouraged open-ended play. From our own experience, we know how special it is to be a part of your child’s learning through play. We’d like you to create more memories with your kids while providing them with all the tools you can to shape their future.
If you’d like to ask a question or get more information about any of the wooden toys in our selection, please feel free to get in touch with us. We’d love to be a part of fuelling your child’s imagination.