Connetix Tiles was launched in July 2019 by two families who met when their children started primary school together. After seeing how their children not only enjoyed playing with magnetic tiles but were learning while doing so, these families decided to create their own version that were stronger, more scratch resistant and offered clearer refractions than the current tiles on the market.
Connetix Tiles allow children to construct 2D and 3D shapes, using their imagination and creativity to play and build. Connetix magnetic tiles encourage cognitive development, spatial awareness, hand-eye coordination, fine and gross motor skills and help children build knowledge around scientific and mathematical concepts – all through PLAY!
Enhance Your Child's Education Through Play with Connetix in Australia
Learning through play with building blocks not only allows your child to have heaps of fun, but it also improves their cognitive development and spatial awareness. With Connetix, you can take this process one step further. Dimple and Dot has everything you need when it comes to buying Connetix in Australia.
Fast Facts About Spatial Awareness in Early Childhood
Spatial awareness is one of the most vital skills for us to navigate the world. Spatial awareness is knowing where your body is in relation to the environment around it. It also entails adjusting your body's position in relation to movement. Here are three fast facts about spatial awareness in young children:
- Spatial awareness is a fundamental skill. Children start to develop spatial awareness from birth. It is learnt through actions as simple as reaching out to grab something and being able to estimate how far to reach. It also includes a child's ability to change their position (for example by pulling themselves towards something) and understanding how the space around them changes in relation to their new position.
- Spatial awareness has different milestones at different ages. The first milestone emerges at the age of two to four months. When children are given to objects, they understand that these are two different things. The next milestone is depth perception, from the age of four to six months. From six to twelve months, the following milestones are reached: anticipating movement, looking for fallen objects, removing objects from containers, rotating objects, and throwing toys. Eventually, between the age of 30 to 36 months, children will be able to complete a small four-piece puzzle.
- You can help develop your child's spatial awareness. Spatial awareness is something that we keep improving throughout our lives. You can make sure your child's foundation for spatial awareness is laid firmly by giving them fun, challenging activities aimed at developing their spatial awareness. Blocks are a simple but effective way of achieving this development. They help teach children how objects interact with one another. You can, for example, buy Connetix tiles to add a stimulating challenge to the benefits of building blocks.
The Benefits of Connetix Tiles
Connetix tiles are plastic tiles with magnetic sides in bright colours and a variety of shapes. Children can build two-dimensional and three-dimensional constructions to have fun and improve their spatial awareness and dexterity. Here are three benefits you may want to consider if you would like to buy Connetix:
- Stronger magnets. Connetix tiles don't compromise on quality or structural integrity. Stronger magnets allow your child to get the best out of the Connetix building experience, as the structures they build will remain stable, allowing them to explore and learn about the physical world through play.
- Non-toxic/BPA-free plastic. Young children tend to learn through touch with their mouths just as much as they learn with their hands. For this reason, Connetix has ensured that the tiles contain no bisphenol A, which has been shown to affect children's brains and behaviour.
- Riveted for safety. Children's tendency to explore the world with their mouths gives rise to concerns about choking hazards. Connetix tiles are riveted, not just glued or fitted together, to ensure that no small parts can come free to pose a choking hazard for young children.
About Dimple and Dot
Dimple and Dot came into being because of our love for watching our children play. We are passionate about learning by playing and early childhood education, and we want to share this with you. For this reason, we stock a broad range of educational and other toys, many of which are handmade and ethically sourced. Contact us today if you want to buy Connetix tiles in Australia.